We're looking for someone like you to join our team
Yardstick Technologies is seeking a positive, resourceful and dedicated IT Technician who constantly strives to deliver the highest quality of service and to exceed customer expectations. As a member of our Service Team, you will be responsible for providing day to day support for our customer user support requests, investigating incidents and providing troubleshooting expertise to resolve issues as they arise. Our fast pace and demanding environment provides an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience with a variety of information technologies.
•Provide 1st level IT support and problem resolution to customers onsite and through remote technical support (20 hours per week at Yardstick office and 20 hours per week onsite with customer located in NW Edmonton)
•Maintain and troubleshoot user desktops, peripherals, mobile devices, printers and networking hardware
•Prioritize, manage and resolve end user incidents, service requests, and other day to day tasks
•Log all incidents and end user requests and resolve or escalate to a senior technician
•Share the after hours support on a rotating basis with your colleagues
•Employee flexibility is required to meet the demands of the business
•Presentable, professional image
•Strong customer service, communication (verbal and written) and team collaboration skills
•Active listening skills
•Class 5 driver's license with reliable vehicle
•2 years of PC hardware/software support experience
•1 year of experience with networking, servers and telecom support
•PC hardware set-up and repairs
•Remote access troubleshooting
•Print server management
•Windows, Microsoft Office and common desktop applications
•Active Directory, VPN, storage and back up technologies
•VMWare, Exchange, SQL would be an asset
•Diploma in IT
•A+ and ITIL certifications
•N+ would be an asset
•Ability to lift heavy IT equipment including but not limited to desktops, printers, workstations, and UPS etc up to 50 lbs without assistance
Other physical requirements: drive, climb stairs and ladders, crawl under desks, reach above your head, operate small hand tools, lift and carry equipment
Yardstick is an equal opportunity employer. If you are motivated by a fast-paced ever-changing environment and inspired to work with a company committed to delivering the best customer service experience we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume (max. 2 pages) which highlights your qualifications for this particular role. Only those candidates selected for pre-screening, who meet the above qualifications, will be contacted.
The vCIO (virtual Chief Information Officer) is responsible for nurturing and enhancing the business relationship between Yardstick Technologies and our customers. As the vCIO, our customers will depend on your consultation and guidance to set the direction and strategy of information technology and to align the IT strategy with the goals of the business. Principal roles include Client Relationship Management and Technology Consulting.
• Work with business owners and stakeholders to understand their business needs, challenges, and the role technology can play in helping them to achieve their business goals
• Identify and explain any business risks relating to technology and make recommendations to minimize them
• Review and understand new technologies and proactively position with customers to demonstrate how it relates to their business objectives
• Act as the customer advocate and work with Yardstick technical staff to ensure issues are resolved to customer expectations
• Coordinate with Network Administrators to resolve escalated issues and implement projects or new technologies
• Collaborate closely with Network Administrators to coordinate customer technology assessments and develop and present technology plans and annual budgets for clients
• Create project proposals and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Manage customer expectations
• Enhance product knowledge through reading, training and other educational activities
• Information Technology or Business-related degree or diploma
• Minimum of five years of Information Technology experience in a customer facing role (sales or client relationship management)
• Strong understanding of IT and networking concepts and how they relate to business goals and objectives
• Expert analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and abstractly determine a viable solution
• Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times; exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
• Ability and desire to continually learn and support new technologies
As a Service Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for managing and leading our service team. Ensuring our customers experience the highest level of customer service while meeting Key Performance Indicators.
As a Service Delivery Manager, you are an exceptional Leader who excels in people management. You are technologically savvy with an IT background, but also very strong at implementing LMA (Leadership, Management & Accountability). You are a person who is responsible, self-motivated, detailed oriented, and a good communicator. You are composed with a steadfast approach and the ability to work well and stay calm under pressure. You have a proven track record of providing excellent customer service and troubleshooting solutions in a busy environment and have experience in the following roles and responsibilities:
• Experience and proven ability to lead and manage a team.
• Training, coaching, and mentoring staff to succeed in their roles.
• Creating and updating team processes and procedures, and ensuring they are being followed.
• Maintaining high customer service delivery satisfaction.
• Maintaining service delivery effectiveness.
• Ensuring call queue coverage and live call answer.
• Scheduling of department shifts, time off, and maintaining service coverage.
• Weekly staff check-ins and department meetings.
• Manage customer service and ticket escalations.
• Provide evening and weekend on-call escalation support within a rotation.